This Banana and Egg Breakfast Bowl is sure to power you up first thing in the morning. Delicious and nutritious for sure!
Banana and Egg Breakfast Bowl
- 1 Medium Ripe Banana
- 1 Whole Brown Organic Egg
- 1/2 Medium Pink Lady Apple (Cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1-2 tbsp Raw Almond Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Dried Coconut Flakes (No sugar added)
- 1 sprinkle Cinnamon
- Coconut Oil (for cooking)
- 3 tbsp Egg Whites
- Using a fork, mash the ripe banana and mix with egg and egg whites in a small bowl so it makes a batter. It will be a bit lumpy.
- Heat a small saute/omelette pan and add the coconut oil. Ad the batter. Cook as using the same technique as making scrambled eggs.
- Place cooked mixture into a bowl. Add apple, cinnamon, almond butter and coconut flakes.
- If you follow Whole 30, vegetables are expected at each meal so add an extra serving at lunch or dinner.
You may not be able to find Pink Lady Apples. It really depends on what your local grocer carries or what is in season. Granny Smith Apples work nicely for their tartness and contrast to the ripe banana.